Tuesday 1 October 2013

Food Guide

Q: I am a 15 year old girl with height 5 feet and weight-34 kg. I want to increase my height. Could you please suggest a good diet plan according to my age that can help me increase my height ? Anna
 A: The height of a person depends upon several factors including the height of his/her parents. A girl's height can only increase up to the age of 16 years but the height of a boy increases till he is 19-years old. Genetics and good nutrition both play a very important role in growing taller. As you are 15 years old right now, your height may increase a few inches more. Try to hang on monkey bars daily for Two minutes. Develop the habit of Swimming as it also helps in increasing height. Make" Milk "&"Dairy " products a daily part of your diet and you should take cheese and yogurt daily at breakfast. Go for three regular meals a day. Don't skip your meals, increase your water intake and cut down on salt and sugar from your diet. Your body releases a growth hormone after the onset of deep sleep so always get a good night's rest.



Ideal "Weight"

Q: I am a 47-year-old lady with weight 70-kg. I want to reduce my weight, can you please tell me what will be the ideal weight for me? At present, I am following a diet plan which includes: a whole wheat bread slice with tea at breakfast, 1 Bread with vegetables at lunch, fruits as evening snacks, 1 Bread with chicken curry at dinner and a cup of milk before sleeping. Do I need to make any additions or changes in this diet plan for better results?
>Mlika
A: You haven't mentioned your height otherwise I would have given you the exact target. But I would suggest you to reduce 10-kg to get into proper shape. First of all start doing some exercises regularly as it will make you feel better physically and provide a positive mental outlook that will also help you look younger. You can begin with a 30 minutes walk-daily.
This will prevent you from osteoporosis, cardiovascular diseases and non-insulin dependant diabetes. You might have a bulging tummy because you are overweight.
Genetics of a person play a very major role in his/her body make-up. For you it's advisable to set realistic goals and divide it into weeks. In the first week, try to work out for four days a week and eliminate high fat meals from your diet. The diet plan you have mentioned in the question is perfectly alright. Start drinking plenty of water before taking your meals and have fruits for hunger pangs.

Read More: Healthy Hints



No comments: